Client Justin Eckrich engaged me on September 25th via Upwork contract to provide a design for a sales page. The agreed upon fee for the sales page design was $1,500, with the first payment to be made initially and the final payment upon delivery of the sales page design. After the project was initiated he fell ill and was hospitalized and asked me to complete the project without his input, which would require copywriting in addition to the design services.
The design and the copywriting was delivered on Oct 13, and revisions were performed at client’s instruction. Client continued to promise his narration for the sales copy and VSL; client’s material was never provided. I wrote the sales copy and provided the best design possible given the limited client input and his plea that we continue to work without his input.
After the second revision was delivered on Oct 31, client decided not to pay for the design or the copywriting.
- Original proposal to Justin Eckrich found here.
- Notes from Sep 4, 2017 phone call with Justin Eckrich are here.
- Calendly confirmation of the Sep 4, 2017 phone call with Justin Eckrich here.
- Notes from Sep 20, 2017 phone call with Justin Eckrich are here.
- Email confirmation of the Sep 20, 2017 phone call with Justin Eckrich here.
- As a result of our phone conversations the original job posting was revised and a sales page design was requested by the client via Upwork here.
- Notes from Sep 26, 2017 phone call with Justin Eckrich are here.
- Calendly confirmation of the Sep 26 phone call is here.
- Notification from Justin Eckrich of his illness by email is here.
- Update from Dana that Justin is still ill on October 3 is here.
- Email to Justin asking for the promised input on Oct 9 is here.
- Email from Justin Eckrich promising the content from his ‘dry run’ on Oct 9 is here.
- Email exchange updating Justin Eckrich on status and his reply on Oct 11 is here.
- Delivery of first draft of the sales page and response Justin Eckrich on Oct 13 is here.
- Link to the first draft of the sales page is here.
- Live link to the first draft of the sales page is online here.
- Additional email exchange regarding Draft 1 with Justin Eckrich on Oct 13 is here.
- Audio message from Justin explaining his illness and giving instructions to complete the sales page on Oct 13 is here.
- Delivery of version 2 of the sales page and correspondence with Justin Eckrich on Oct 31 is here.
- Link to the second draft of the sales page is here.
- Live link to the second draft of the sales page online is here.